After the completion of counseling for many, we tend to look back over the past several months or years and reminisce. At times there is laughter and other times tears and mostly a combination of both and then there is usually some sentiment like this:
“Gosh, I wish I had learned about ____________ when I was in school or from my parents or someone!”
The following, in no particular order, are some of the top ten things people wish they would have had more knowledge on or would have been taught more about prior to counseling:
- How to have a healthy relationship
- What to do with emotions
- Communication skills/Conflict resolution
- How to heal from past hurts
- How to be “ok with me”
- Healthy ways of handling stress
- How to handle vulnerability
- How to make better decisions
- How to have a healthier thought life
How would you like to improve the quality of your life and relationships?
Learn more about Phil Zaffos, MA, LAPC & Heidi Zaffos, MA, LMFT, LAPC and Foundation Counseling .